Monday, March 13, 2006

March 13th, 2006 BodyFat% Measurment

My first official testing of my body fat was done today at Gold's Gym. The outcome was 25.9%. I was in the unhealthy catagory, And according to this website, http://www.healthchecksystems.com/bodyfat.htm, I am obesed! I like Gold's terminology better! My first goal is to make it to the acceptable catagory(18%-25%) and then work my way to the fitness catagory(14%-17%). My trainer says it is easier to go from 25.9% to let's say 20.9% than it is to go from 14% to 13%. Focusing on body fat loss is better than focusing on how much weight is loss. When doing weights your muscles get stronger, thus you may weigh more. It is also said that your muscles burn more calories when stronger. So this is the route I am taking. I am limiting myself to only 65 grams of fat daily, and along with the 4 times a week, hour long excercise at Gold's, I am excited to see where I am on April 13th. I am getting measured, next week, that should be shocking!

Calories Burned today: 500

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great job working on body fat, Chris! This is a life-long struggle for all of us. Keep being accountable - what has happened since May 13th????